Our Service Delivery Model
We strive to be the best we can be for everyone
My Therapy House®
- Is an innovative therapy and educational family-centred program which focuses on the child's development through the social-emotional lens for babies, infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and young adults with special needs and their families/carers.
- Provides a comprehensive state of the art therapeutic intervention program based on the principles of a Development Relationship-based Approach, DIR Floortime®. This developmental approach to helps children, adolescents and young adults grow, learn, develop and prosper, within the contexts of their families and communities, while taking into account everyone’s individual differences in a social-emotional context.
- Is staffed by a dedicated team of professionals, including a Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Developmental Music Educator. We work as an integral specialist team with our visiting consulting Medical Practitioners. We all work with the children, adolescents, young adults and families to provide a comprehensive assessment of the child and family social-emotional needs and deliver state of the art best practice services to meet these needs and the child's development.
- Is a community based program, which is located in a family friendly home-like environment.
- Is a concept which offers innovative, practical and creative ideas, programs and environments that families can replicate and implement at their home.
- Is a Centre for Excellence, always facilitating children, adolescents, young adults, family and staff to grow and develop to their full potential by means of offering therapeutic, creative, education and training programs, either individually or in groups.
- Implements evidence based practices by working with consultants and organisations (in the private and public sectors) locally, nationally and internationally.
- Encourages the development of staff expertise and skills based on the latest research of child development, parent-child attachment, family wellbeing and staff training.
- Has specialised, innovative and creative indoor and outdoor spaces which offer children, adolescents, young adults and their families a secure and safe environment to develop and practice their skills in the areas of social-emotional wellbeing, communication, physical, cognitive, play, vocational and living skills development.
- Has a library of resources that are accessible to children, adolescents, young adults and families – including therapeutic tools, specialised toys and books.
- Is equipped with the latest technology to aid everyone in their learning and development.